Lead Project Manager
Lead Project Manager
The Lead Project Manager is the first point of escalation for the Project Management team and support the team with ongoing training. Additionally, The Lead Project Manager fulfills all the responsibilities of a Project Manager, such as, communication, quoting, implementation, planning, execution, timely completion and client satisfaction of assigned projects. The Lead Project Manager reviews customer quality objectives and requirements to ensure they have a clear understanding of the client's desired goals and outcomes. If there are any issues or delays, The Lead Project Manager is the point person who will work with the client, internal departments, and external vendors to find the best solution..
- Follows Project Management Policies and Procedures.
- Takes responsibility for execution of responsibilities for the entire Project Management team.
- Supports the Project Management team as the first point of escalation for any project related items or technical questions.
- Works with supervisor to ensure department KPIs are achieved.
- Supports onboarding process of new Project Managers.
- Assists in balancing and distributing work between members of the PM team.
- Leads project teams through all phases of the project management lifecycle.
- Facilitates complex projects from prototyping to production.
- Provides technical guidance to Customers and Business Development team.
- Reviews and assess customer requirements, quality objectives, files, and GD&T drawings.
- Performs risk analysis and develops project scope and objectives.
- Calculates and submit quotations to customers with a revenue-focused mindset to win new opportunities, extend current opportunities, and improve overall profitability of opportunities.
- Reviews contract requirements and purchase orders.
- Releases accurate and concise work-orders to operations and resolves and discrepancies with the customer.
- Works with Operations, Engineering, Quality and the Customer to resolve any issues.
- Coordinates internal resources and vendors for seamless project execution.
- Ensures that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and budget.
- Responds to client inquiries and communicate project updates in a speedy and fastidious manner.
- Make sure all customer complaints are addressed and handled professionally, leaving the customer with a positive resolution while balancing company objectives and policies.
- Work as a technical liaison with Business Development team and Customers to support continued sales growth.
- Provides first class customer service with a high level of professionalism.
- Other duties, tasks, and responsibilities that may be assigned at any time.
- Judgement – Displays willingness to make decisions; explains reasoning for decisions, includes appropriate people in decision-making process, makes timely decisions.
- Planning / Organizing – uses time efficiently, plans additional resources as required, sets goals and objectives which are clearly communicated, develops realistic action plans given time, scope, and project team.
- Attendance / Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time, ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent, participates, and arrives to meetings/appointments on time.
- First–Class Customer Service Mentality – Builds rapport and establishes trust with all customers / vendors and co-workers. Applies product and market knowledge effectively and presents solutions that meet customer objectives. Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events in a collected manor.
- Continuous Learning – seeks feedback to improve performance, strives to continuously build knowledge and skills, shares expertise with others. Requires minimal supervision.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ Years’ project management with Manufacturing-related work experience.
- BA/BS Degree in Mechanical Design/Manufacturing/Materials or 3-4 years of related experience and or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience (Work experience must demonstrate technical capabilities and the ability to concurrently manage multiple projects of moderate size, scope, and complexity).
- Rapidly process and comprehend detailed information, consider the implications and consequences of new data, and then make strategic decisions with client and project team collaboration.
- Knowledge of tools, concepts, and methodologies of Project Management.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and activities in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally.
- Assess and meet project deadlines, balance priorities, and work through completion of projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for liaising and communicating with vendors, customers, and internal departments.
- Microsoft Office proficiency, and familiarity with 3D CAD files and drawings.
Before you apply
Data privacy and protection
GKN Powder Metallurgy Limited is dedicated to the responsible and ethical use and management of personal information. We are committed to upholding integrity while safeguarding the personal and confidential information of individuals. GKN Powder Metallurgy is fully committed to complying with data protection regulations applicable in the various countries of its operations.
Specifically, GKN Powder Metallurgy has established a robust data protection governance framework that extends across its entities situated in the European Economic Area (EEA). This framework is designed to ensure that, to the greatest extent possible, we adhere to the stipulations of the General Data Protection Regulation. This encompasses standardized protocols for the handling of personal data, issuance of privacy notices, formulation of data processor agreements, reinforcement of security during intra-group data transfers and processing activities, maintenance of a data inventory detailing GKN Powder Metallurgy's personal data processing practices, and provision of comprehensive training to our workforce.
Privacy notifications within the EEA
In most scenarios, GKN Powder Metallurgy will furnish you with a specific privacy notice that elucidates how your personal information is utilized. The predefined templates for these notices are outlined below. Nevertheless, there might arise situations wherein furnishing a complete privacy notice isn't suitable, and under such circumstances, the pertinent standard privacy notice specified below will be applicable.
If you consent to the above, sned your application details and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Privacy Notice - Job Applicants
PRIVACY NOTICE – JOB APPLICANTS
This notice elucidates the data collection and retention practices pertaining to you, as well as the actions we intend to undertake with said information. Furthermore, it outlines your entitlements and provides contact details for inquiries regarding this notification.
1. Who oversees data control?
GKN Powder Metallurgy Limited, referred to as "The Company," is responsible for managing the personal data you provide for the purpose of your job application. If you submitted your personal data on the careers section of the gknpm.com website, GKN Powder Metallurgy Limited will also hold the role of a controller. In the context of this notice, "GKN Powder Metallurgy" encompasses the Company and its Affiliates, collectively constituting the GKN Powder Metallurgy enterprise, under any nomenclature or structure adopted at any given time. Here, an "Affiliate" denotes a company that directly or indirectly exercises control over, is controlled by, or shares common control with the Company.
2. What personal data do we gather and how?
You might furnish us with information necessary for your prospective employment, assessing your suitability for a position, efficient business operation, adherence to legal and regulatory obligations, and communication with regulatory or governmental authorities. Information from background checks, screening processes, current or former employers, or regulatory authorities may also be received. This information could encompass your curriculum vitae (CV), employment history, qualifications, and details from your application form, including your name, address, contact numbers, email addresses, birthdate, and gender. It could also encompass data provided during interviews or assessment processes.
3. How will we handle your personal data?
We acquire and uphold personal data related to you for the following objectives:
• Business necessity, including job title and contact particulars.
• Evaluation, consideration, and processing of any job application you submit for opportunities within GKN Powder Metallurgy, whether through the website or alternative avenues.
• Contacting you about other job openings or prospects within GKN Powder Metallurgy that align with your interests.
• Monitoring the overall interest in job openings and opportunities, conducting relevant analyses.
Processing your personal data is warranted by our legitimate business interests and commitment to fulfilling legal and regulatory obligations. If we process your data solely on these grounds, you retain the right to object. Nonetheless, we aren't obligated to cease processing your data if compelling reasons outweigh your interests or if processing is vital for legal claims. Should you have objections, kindly communicate with the noted hiring team. Data may also be processed to prepare for a potential contractual arrangement or due to a legal obligation. In such instances, the right to object might not apply.
4. What are our collection obligations and your provision obligations?
By law, we are required to collect and process specific information about you, such as your eligibility to work in specific countries. While you are generally not obliged to share personal information, not providing requested data in some cases might hinder the continuation of your application.