Meet GKN Additive at Formnext
Why you should meet us at Formnext 2018
At Formnext we’ll give you an in-depth update on how we push Metal AM to its limits in terms of speed and productivity. It’s a great opportunity to get in touch with our global AM expert team. Join us at our stand E30 in hall 3.1 and:
- Discover why we’re on the fast track with EOS on Laser Powder Bed Fusion
- Explore how we bring AM into mass production with HP Metal Jet
- Reinvent your product development with our engineered powders, that fit your needs
- Learn how we manage our intelligent global print network for maximum efficiency and prompt delivery to our customers.
Live talks and press conferences
Formnext is the place to be for innovators, creators and visionaries in the global additive manufacturing industry. Everyday, we are hosting our talks@table events, inviting our clients and employees, designers, experts and thought leaders to have open and vivid discussions at our booth in Hall 3.1/Stand E30.
Event Schedule at Formnext
November 13/ 2-3pm
Talk@Table: Binder Technologies
"Bringing AM into Mass Production - Follow Up"
From 2-3pm at our booth in Hall 3.1/Stand E30, with technology experts from HP, VW, Wilo and GKN
- Technology Update (HP)
- Next Steps / Technology roadmap (GKN)
- Customer expectations: Material, Size, Speed
- Future product applications
November 14/ 2-3pm
"Metal AM Powder Solutions"
From 2-3pm at our booth in Hall 3.1/Stand E30, with technology experts from EOS, AUDI, Fraunhofer ILT, TLS and GKN Hoeganaes
Questions to be discussed:
- Where do you see Aluminum (powders) being used in the short term and long term? What Aluminum alloys need to be developed for automotive versus aerospace applications?
- Will there be more focus on developing ferrous-based steels for automotive and structural components? Will this correlate to prototyping for the PM industry?
- What markets and applications do you see Titanium alloys expanding into?
- Is a less than full density approach for AM parts possible, similar to PM?
- In the long term, when the AM infrastructure is set, what do you see as the materials costing (in terms of percentage of total cost)?
November 15 / 2-3pm
Press Conference: Industrialization of metal 3D printing
"GKN and EOS are joining forces to fast-track industrial 3D printing"
From 2-3pm at our booth in Hall 3.1/Stand E30, with technology experts from EOS, Senior Flexonics and GKN
- Technology Update (GKN/EOS)
- Presentation of Case Study with Senior Flexonics
- Q&A session
November 16 / 11-12am
Talk@Table: Thought-Leader Talk
"How can 3D printing shape your business?"
From 11-12am at our booth in Hall 3.1/Stand E30, with technology experts from Deutsche Bahn, PostNord, Retromotion, and GKN
- How will the logistics industry and established business models change when logistics companies start producing 3D printing components themselves?
- What are their challenges on the way? How will they manage to meet responsibilities in terms of component quality and IP?
- How can we contribute to a rethinking in organizations globally in order to inspire them to benefit from 3D printing as a customer or user?
- How should we collaborate with universities and other educational institutions to ensure the AM professionals of tomorrow are trained according to the market needs? What are the skills they need to learn?
- What do you think are today's top 3 challenges to establish 3D printing as a commonly used technology?
GKN Powder Metallurgy partners with PostNordAB
GKN Powder Metallurgy partners with PostNordAB to empower global manufacturers to optimize their part supply chain with streamlined logistics.Read the full press release
We have some exciting announcements planned for this week, that we will publish here for you soon. Stay tuned!